Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Marley Marl & Craig G "Dropping Science" 12" (1990)

The "Dropping Science" remix remains one of my favorite early 90's jams; it's a permanent fixture in my favorite classic hip-hop set. "Yeah, I have 'In Control'...that joint is cool, but it'll always be in the shadow of 'The Symphony'," you might argue. Which may be true, overall, but 9 times out of 10 I'd rather show up to a party armed with this record than 'The Symphony':



Doing a "Hip-Hop Version" of "Dropping Science" may seem redundant; the work went into the beat, not the naming of it. It's not a complete reworking, just fine-tunes the original so it thumps a bit more. The samples drop in and out (as do the drums) more than the original...although, to be honest, I've been focused on the remix so long I've almost forgotten about the original. Enjoy Craig G in one of his finest joints; includes the Hip-hop Version and bonus beats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just-Ice said...

D is for dope. I haven't seen that record since 88.

12:47 PM  
Blogger G Swift said...

Sweet bro, thanks!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home