Friday, November 10, 2006

R&B Joints: Jodeci "Come and Talk to Me" Remix

I'll be the first one to say that Jodeci (in all its incarnations) often annoyed the sh*t out of me...K-Ci and Jo-Jo's begging and pleading et al...but you can't front on this vintage hip-hop remix. Uh, no you can't.



This record caught some people off-guard...even my man that educated me about Philly hip-hop and was the resident hard-rock at the time (any Hilltop Hustlers out there?) would rock this in his black-tinted Corolla when the EMPD and Gang Starr albums were getting some rest. What was the magic this record held? I think it was all in that initial acapella sequence, then dropping the hip-hop break hard that blew it up. Once you get beyond that, the actual production in the song is pretty basic, and even sounds kind of dated.

Anyone hearing this for the first time? I'd be curious to know how it sounds. Includes "Come and Talk to Me" radio remix, instrumental, and hip-hop mix.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tired-N-Broke said...

Headz don't know...to some if it ain't boom bap it isn't valid, but not to me thist that dope hip-hop/new jack r&B shit...

T&B

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

damn can you re up the link to this??

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes please re-up the Jodeci 12"

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home