Sunday, July 23, 2006

World Renown "How Nice I Am" (1995)

Despite having Marley Marl's fingerprints on their debut record (and final record, as far as I know), World Renown's music is decidedly jazzy and chill. "How Nice I Am" is just about the perfect vibe for a cool summer night.



"How Nice I Am" rocks a familiar Phife Dog sample for its chorus ("Now here's a funky introduction of how nice I am"), chill rolling piano chords, and drums that are simultaneously bouncy and laid-back. Lyrics aren't "rhyme of the month"-material, but when you're rocking over a beat this chill, you can spit whatever you want as long as the flow is there. And the flow is there.

The b-side offers a remix that's a bit sparser, with a filtered bassline. It preserves the chorus of the original, and is just as chill as the original; if anything, it's sunnier (makes me want to mix in Ill Biscuit's "Chill Factor"). Includes Original with instrumental and acapella, as well as the S.I.D. remix and instrumental.

8 Comments:

Blogger Raymond said...

I never thought I would see something from this group ever. They dropped that "Come Take a Ride" joint, then this and that was it. I wasn't able to download so pllllllleeeease bless me STRONG..

1:57 PM  
Blogger DJ Haylow said...

WOW!! This one has GOT to be re-uped if possible..classic track!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Armando said...

For some reason it asked me for a password when I tried to open this. I downloaded the original link, not the reupped one

3:14 PM  
Blogger le'Jean said...

My goodness, Ive been looking for this for almost 14 years. I recorded this song off of Friday Night Flavors back in 94-95 when I was 14 yearsold and a friend accidentally recorded over it a year later. My memory of the song was faint but I remembered the beat and Tribe chorus. Felt stupid when I found it since I know of World Renown and the name of the song. Over the years I kept searching the whole chorus but kept getting the Tribe song. This time I typed 'samples' at the end of it and this blog was the first on the list. Thanks a lot for uping this. Brought back so many memories. Nostalgic...

3:21 AM  
Blogger Jay Plus said...

YO!!!! Thank you so much for posting this joint. I been looking for it for a minute. A gang of my vinyl got stolen a while back and this was in one of the crates. DOPE!! Thanks again!

4:37 AM  
Blogger cotosoundsystem said...

yo the homie was just talking about this track, big ups

11:42 PM  
Blogger JonesMusic said...

Download 7 Shawn's new single "Seven" www.jonesmusicdistribution.com
Thanks!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Eighth Aly said...

I wish to convey my gratitude for your kindness for visitors who absolutely need assistance with that idea. Your real dedication to passing the message all over had been pretty practical and has without exception enabled associates much like me to realize their targets. Your own warm and friendly key points indicates a lot to me and extremely more to my mates. With thanks; from each one of us. Cara Meyembuhkan Kutil Kelamin dari Dokter Spesialis de Nature

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home