...on the occasion of South Korea's exit from World Cup play...
Don't worry about digesting lyrics; this video showcases the best Korean hip-hop has to offer. MC Sniper samples/uses native instruments - the MC Serch sample notwithstanding - the main sample is from a "gayageum", a stringed instrument you play on the floor. Sniper takes you on a virtual tour through South Korea, hitting the major cities, palaces, markets and most definately the temples. The shit makes me proud, and I'm not even Korean.
If you dig this shit at all, grab the following collection of MP3's, 8 of the best of what I've collected from Korea:
* Leesang "Spain", "Fly High", "출사표"("chul-sa-pyo": literally 'career-ticket' but i'll ask a Korean friend for a better translation)
* 가리온(aka Garion) "옛이야기" ("yeh-shi-ya-gi": legend)
* CB Mass "동네한바퀴"("dong-nay-han-ba-kwee": around my way)
* Dynamic Duo "이력서" ("ee-yuck-suh": personal history)
* Keepin Roots "Sugar & Prim"
Back with another 12" tomorrow.
[UPDATE (6/23, 7pm): Added some translations]