Sunday, June 17, 2007

Chubb Rock "Just the Two of Us" (1991)

Favorite Chubb Rock joint? "Caught Up"? "The One"? "Treat 'em Right"? I'm going with "Just the Two of Us", uncoincidentally the first Chubb Rock cut I heard, and one of the jams that defines '91 hip-hop:


Not sure if this one was ever re-released (came upon my slightly warped copy in a trade), but the retail twelve - posted here - contains the original mix as well as a Trackmasterz and Clark Kent remix. I'll admit I've never given the remixes much play; producer Howie Tee is fundamental to the cut in a way that goes beyond the production, and it just ends up making sense that his (original) mix is the tightest.

Includes the Original Vocal, Trackmasterz Remix (vocal and instrumental), and Clark Kent's Cool Out Mix (Vocal and Instrumental).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love this joint...have you ever seen the Doo Wop Joint/Remix?...

I have been searching but have fiund nothing and Hitman Howie Tee contacted me.

:D

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

esp, youre the f*ckin dude. Between this 12" and "agony & ecstacy" inst., youve made my week. big ups, b.

2:12 PM  
Blogger djespionage said...

@jaz - nah, just learned in a recent discogs.com search that a doo wop remix existed...never heard it

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home