Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Saukrates "Father Time"/ Choclair "Twenty One Years" (1995)

Nowadays, the term classic is thrown around pretty loosely. With that said, I am fairly confident in declaring that this 12” is just that. Like most people in the NY/NJ area in the 90's, I was introduced to this 12” by the Stretch and Bobbito radio show. It remains one of my favorite 12” to this day.

Father Time b/w Twenty One Years + (Instrumentals)

Producer Day provides both Saukrates and Choclair with simple beats with equally simple yet effective samples. Saukrates straight kills "Father Time". The remix utilizes the help of DJ Grouch who adds a familiar Steve Miller Band sample.

"Twenty One Years" has Choclair sharing some of the hardships he's faced growing up:

All my life I kept my eyes on the prize
But every time I reached for the prize it demised
I wonder what's going on, but I got's to move
I gotta keep my head and I gotta stay strong


This release remains both artists’ greatest works to date.

6 Comments:

Blogger P-Why? said...

props for this, I have a cassette dub of Sauk's unreleased album, but the quality is horrible.

1:09 PM  
Blogger djespionage said...

definately in my top-5 indie 12"..."Father Time" was one of the beats of the year in my section, and Saukrates *killed* it.

2:00 PM  
Blogger RealisT said...

The link is dead.
Upload it again please!

12:29 PM  
Blogger RealisT said...

07.Saukrates - Father Time Remix is one of the dopest tracks ever!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Dabrovska said...

Je trouve que le beat ressemble étrangement au "worlwide" de Royal Flush

3:42 AM  
Blogger Reks said...

oh ffs megaupload doing down ruined everything lol! Wanted this as well.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home